Just made this tonight at Redd Acres Farm and it was excellent!
Baked Eggplant Parmesan
- 2 Eggplant peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 Eggs beaten
- 2 Cups Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 6 Cups Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 16oz. Package Shredded Mozzarella
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Italian Seasoning/Garlic/basil to taste
- Salt both sides of each eggplant slice and let drain in colander in sink for 20 minutes. Rinse salt off with cold water and dry each slice.
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Dip both sides of the eggplant slices first in egg, then in breadcrumbs. Place in a single layer on a lightly oiled (cooking spray works) baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes on each side.
- In a 9×13 baking dish spread 1/2 of the spaghetti sauce evenly to cover the bottom. Place a layer of the baked eggplant slices on the sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses to fully cover eggplant. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheese on top. Sprinkle seasonings over cheese as desired.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown.